What Is Aquaponics?
Aquaponics is the incredible process of growing fish and plants together, to the benefit of both. Making full use of the by-products of growing fish allows nutrients and organic fertilizer to be freely provided naturally for the plants. This replicates the processes found in nature and provides a fresh, organic alternative to traditional gardening. There are many benefits to growing your vegetables and herbs using Aquaponics:
- Environmentally friendly! Uses 90% less water than soil-based gardening
- No synthetic fertilizers or chemical pesticides needed
- Low maintenance: no weeding, no watering, no dirt
- Low cost: After setup, just plug in and feed the fish
- Grow fresh fish and vegetables year round, in any season